Last Saturday and Monday Danny got to work the Final 4 games with Ryan. He was so excited to do this and I really think he had the time of his life! He came home both nights just a little chatter box! He met lots of big sports people and saw some celebs too. He got some pretty cool videos of things too - the Kentucky players running down the tunnel, a 90 lb Leann Rimes walking by, and the confetti at the end of the championship game. So, here's lots of pics....even though he wasn't supposed to be taking any lol
Danny with Bryant Gumble
With former NFL player Doug Flutie
Thought it was funny they kept the basketballs in the bathroom lol
Waiting for Big Man Charles Barkley to come out of the room...he met him a little later, no pic :(
With Ex-Rocket and commentator Kenny Smith
"You on the left"
So Danny calls me on the way home Saturday and was like "I have a clutch picture for you, but I may be sleeping in the guest room for it".....so I was expecting him with some cheerleaders or something lol
He got home, made me go in the other room until the pics downloaded....mind you this was at like midnight. I came out and saw THIS.......
HOLY COW! I literally started hitting him haha {not violently or anything lol} but I was like "OOOMMMMGGGG YOU MET VINCE YOUNG?!?!?!?!" I graduated in 2006, the year we won the National Championship, so to me, VY is EVERYTHING! IMO, he's the best college football player EVER {close 2nd is Tim Tebow} But Danny being an Ag, he has HATED VY with a passion for years.....he says "he broke my heart too many times at Kyle Field" so for him to meet him, didn't even mean anything lol
He was in the back wanting to sit with his girlfriend and baby so Danny was back there with him for almost 30 minutes, just shootin the breeze. Danny told him "in my heart of hearts I should have put you in the bathroom, I'm an Aggie" LOL Can't believe he said that!
He told VY that I am the biggest fan and we're a house divided. VY told him his BFF is an Aggie {forgot the player D said he was} so he gets the rivalry very well. Danny was like "my wife grad in 06 so she thinks you're a God" haha As much trash talking about VY as Danny's done over the years, he actually thinks he's a good guy now. He said he "really surprised" him. Which, that's good. Also, D liked VY said "Kyle Field is the 2nd best place to play behind the Rose Bowl". I knew VY isn't really like how the media portrays him.
Still.....I SHOULD'VE MET HIM! And was sooooooo jealous! LOL Danny wasn't supposed to be taking pics, but he snapped this one and had to get the Gig 'Em in there LOL
Forgot this guys name....think he's on ESPN?! But those were D's seats....THAT close!
After UCONN won the game against Kentucky. Danny also met Ashley Judd that night {she's a HUGE KY fan} and she gave him a hug, think he was beside himself after that lol
Danny with Jim Nance. He's a commentator for lots of sports...I think lol
Monday night, was kinda the same deal....got all the behind the scenes access. With Ex-Rockets player and 7 time National Champion Robert Horry
Charles Barkley and all the guys before the game.
With Houton Texans coach Gary Kubiak
Don't know who this is?!
President George H W Bush meet Denis Rodman.....LOL
After UCONN won the whole thing!
Ryan and Danny on the court
UCONN cutting down the net after winning
Trophy presentation
Danny and Ryan with the trophy!
Such a neat experience and I am so glad he got to do it!
Wow! Great pictures and experience.
ReplyDeletesuch a cool experience! he got some great pics too! you can tell he's been hanging around you because he took lots! lol
ReplyDelete