Monday, June 6, 2011

Anniversary + Retirement

The other night Danny and I went out for our 2nd anniversary.  I am going to confess my MAJOR wife FAIL here.....I went to take a nap, just a short little nap before getting ready on our actual anniversary.  However, my nap lasted about 3 hours too long.  I woke up at 8pm!!!!  I felt like the worst wife ever!  I missed mom being there and Devoni and Tom dropping off a card and gift for us.  So, we had round 2 last week.  

We went to Benihana's.  Danny wanted sushi and I wanted some shrimp and soup, etc.  Dinner was great!  But at 4:30 am it all came up.  I threw up twice and went back to bed.  I was fine the next day.  I guess it just did not agree with me.

Saturday while Danny was golfing, Devoni stopped by to give us the other part of our anniversary gift.  While we were in Austin a few weeks ago for Sara's baby shower, her and Tom took Amberly to JC Penny to get a portrait done in her Easter dress.  This is the best pic they got.  She is so sweet!  The other ones she looked less than thrilled in all of them.  Devoni said Ambs was afraid of the photographer and would not stand still to get a full length shot.  It was such a sweet gesture from them and a nice surprise! 
Sweet girl!  Love her little face.
Friday was Devoni's last day of work!  She is now a retired woman with all the free time she wants!  We all met up at our favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate. 

I remember at our 4 month Dr appt with our pediatrician in Austin, she asked if we took Ambs places with us.  Danny and I proudly said "Oh yes!  We take her everywhere, she never makes a peep and is the BEST baby."  She laughed and said "Do things now, because about 18-22 months you usually don't see families out to dinner."  Man was she right!  Now, Amberly sits in a high chair for about 5 minutes....
After her running around the restaurant and being passed around from Gma, both Gpas, Mimi and others, we took her across the street to see the ducks.....one of her favorite things to do! 
We didn't have bread for them so they really were not interested in us.
Come back here!!!!
Hey!  Wait for me!
Ambs with Grandma, Jeanne and Darlene.
The whole group!  Congrats Devoni!

After dinner we went back to the in laws to swim for a little bit.

Little girl making a pile of pods from their magnolia tree
"She get it from her mama"  LOL  Love her little booty!  (yes we r brave and don't always use swimmer diapers....if she's pooped we don't use them lol)
Ambs is obsessed with ice.  She just kept pulling it out and putting it back in Devoni's cup.
They bought Ambs a bug catcher and Danny caught a lizard ewwww...so they observed...
then let it go
Playing Hide n Seek...where's Amberly?!
There she is!

Saturday night we went on a double date with Kelly and Jason.  We went to Benjy's and back to their house.  I left my camera there so I will post pics of that later.  Hope you guys all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity